Dressings With A DifferenceCourtesy of The Herald and Weekly Times
Mix 2 tblspns honey with 4 tblspns lemon juice. Beat into the mixture 12 tblspns Lighthouse Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tblspn salt, 1/2 tspn paprika and a dash of white pepper. Try it with crisp, chilled apple slices at the end of a meal.
Spicy Chutney Dressing
With 3 tblspns spicy chutney, mix 12 tblspns Lighthouse Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3 tblspns vinegar, 1 tspn salt and 1/4 tspn pepper. Beat until the chutney is mixed with other ingredients. Great with tomatoes.
Pickled Onion Dressing
Mix 1/2 tspn dry mustard, 1/4 tspn pepper, 1/4 tspn sugar and 1 tspn salt together. Mix thoroughly with 3 tblspns of vinegar until dissolved. Beat in 12 tblspns Lighthouse Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add 4 tblspns finely chopped pickled onion. Serve over cooked and chilled salmon or trout.
Green Salad Dressing by Paddy Kendler
- Approx ½ cup Lighthouse Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Approx ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar (a good Italian one)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Sprinkle of Black Pepper, crushed garlic (optional)
- Mix and adjust to taste
- Option: Add a splash of verjuice or apple vinegar
Lighthouse Mediterranean Pasta
- Lighthouse Yellow Label Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced in small wedges
- Handful of kalamata olives
- Handful of sun dried tomatoes, chopped roughly
- Cracked black pepper
- Fresh chopped oregano
- Feta cheese
- Red or green pepper strips (optional)
- Sliced zucchini (optional)
- Pasta of choice
Boil pasta of choice as per instructions. While boiling pasta, fry onion over low heat in a splash of olive oil. Add vegetables, tomatoes and olives. Add salt, pepper and oregano. Once pasta ready strain(don't rinse) and add to frying pan, drizzle with enough olive oil to cover pasta and stir. Crumble feta through and serve with crusty bread and a glass of your favourite wine.
Quicker than ordering a pizza!!
AioliCourtesy of Simon Yarham, 2 Faces The Restaurant
- 2 eggs
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- 1 tspn white wine vinegar
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of Lighthouse Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
Method:Place all the ingredients except the oil in the blender and blend at full speed.
Slowly drizzle in the oil carefully.
Scrape down the sides half way through adding the oil.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge.